On May 17, the meeting of the HSE Compliance Club was held on the topic "Compliance cooperation with law enforcement agencies: best practices and possible risks"
The event was held in a mixed format, most of the Club members took part online. The moderator of the meeting was Dina V. Krylova, Head of the HSE LACP, Entrepreneur`s rights in the area of anti-corruption Public Ombudsman, expert of the Council of Europe.
Sergey Taut, litigator (pleader), expert of Pepeliaev group, Deputy head of the HSE Laboratory for Anti-Corruption Policy,
Elena Legkova, COP (project supervisor) Compliance Department of the Autonomous Non-profit Organization "Moscow Directorate of Transport Services",
Leonid Kravchinsky, partner, team lead of Tax Practice Group of Pepeliaev group,
Ruslan Dolotov, PhD, Associate Professor of School of Court Proceedings and Criminal Law, expert of HSE LACP, expert of Public Procedures Centre “Business Against Corruption”,
Alexey Ryabov, head of the Expert Legal Center of the Executive Office of the Commissioner for Entrepreneurs' Rights at the President of the Russian Federation, PhD, head of Research Advisory Council of Public Procedures Centre “Business Against Corruption”.
The following issues were discussed:
- Is cooperation with law enforcement agencies a right or a duty of companies?
- How is cooperation with law enforcement agencies taken into account when bringing to administrative or criminal responsibility?
- What mistakes are typically made by corporate lawyers when contacting law enforcement agencies in the interests of the company (the most frequently)?
- In what cases does it really make sense to contact law enforcement agencies to protect the interests of the company?
- Protection of applicants about corruption - analysis of regulation and law enforcement practice.